It is not known how the community of Park got its name, but in 1826, Hance Stalcup and his wife deeded acreage for the Richland Church one half mile east of the crossroads at Park in Center Township.  The church building was also used as a school and at least three schoolhouses have stood on the same site.  The community had three general stores which operated all at the same time, but also had a wagon shop, a blacksmith shop, a lodge hall, and in 1866, a post office was established.

Provided by Mildred “Milly” (Coleman) Uland