Located in Downtown Worthington and formed by SR 67 (Commercial Street), SR 157 (Main Street), Washington Street, and South 1st Street; the town triangle was formed to avoid an Indian Mound once located at that spot. However, the mound was opened in 1869, artifacts removed, and dirt used to fill the bed of the Wabash & Erie Canal and a hitching rack was installed and the area was used to park farmer’s wagons while in town. Today, a 1950’s era limestone fountain, the Worthington Area Service War Memorial, a pair of Flag Poles, and several Victorian style streetlights. Additionally, there is a historical marker honoring Worthington native, Frederick “Fred” Alton Jewell, nationally recognized as “Indiana’s March King” and close friends with John Philip Sousa. He was a performer, composer, and bandmaster for several circuses including Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey, as well as a virtuoso of the Euphonium, owner of the Jewell Music Company, conductor for the bands at the Indiana Masonic Home in Franklin and Murat Shrine Temple in Indianapolis, and composer of the “Pageant of Progress” for the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair.